Heretical Gaming is my blog about my gaming life, featuring small skirmishes and big battles from many historical periods (and some in the mythic past or the far future too). The focus is on battle reports using a wide variety of rules, with the occasional rules review, book review and odd musing about the gaming and history. Most of the battles use 6mm-sized figures and vehicles, but occasionally 15mm and 28mm figures appear too.

Thursday 24 January 2013

Peninsular Campaign - Some Thoughts Thus Far

I've played eight campaign games now, plus a 'special' with Saalfeld re-set in the Iberian Peninsular.  The games have all been good - and some have been excellent, amongst the best games I've ever played. 

I do howeverbegin to question whether the campaign 'framing' has actually helped too much, I begin to think that it has been a slight obstacle, as it is added a (small) paperwork overhead for possibly little gain - the Grant and Asquith scenarios are fine 'as is'.  Furthermore, I can't remember actually having my decision making during the games affected at any point by the scenario being set in a campaign.

So, no hasty decisions, but I am considering ending the campaign and simply  continuing to play through the scenarios, and saving my campaigning for a real campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment