Heretical Gaming is my blog about my gaming life, featuring small skirmishes and big battles from many historical periods (and some in the mythic past or the far future too). The focus is on battle reports using a wide variety of rules, with the occasional rules review, book review and odd musing about the gaming and history. Most of the battles use 6mm-sized figures and vehicles, but occasionally 15mm and 28mm figures appear too.

Sunday 26 October 2014

Failed Game

I tried to play a game yesterday but it all turned out quite badly.  I'm not really sure why.  The scenario seemed interesting (an 1809 scenario from Miniature Wargames).  I was giving my Napoleonic Austrians a rare run-out against the French.  The terrain looked okay, certainly not worse than my usual offerings.  I was using my normal ruleset for Napoleonics - the Polemos set.  But for whatever reason, the game just didn't click, I quickly got bored and frustrated and packed it in.  Maybe I am jaded with the rules?  I don't cosciously feel that.  It was very disappointing though, as I'd been looking forward to playing all week - and it didn't feel like I was just not in the mood for gaming, on the contrary I really wanted to play.  Perhaps it was the very expectation that caused the problem, I'm not sure.  Or maybe it was just a general sense of feeling down.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the stars will align better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment